Kiwi

For Day 2 of the tour, our guide woke us up a 5:30am to watch the sunrise, which reminded me of a Lion King and Jurassic Park mashup. Despite the mosquitos, the view was incredible. After breakfast, I switched boats and guides. I ended up with this interesting group of 5 Kiwis, a Japanese man and 2 Germans. We fished for piranhas (I caught two) and we ate them later for lunch. Before we drove back to Rurrenabaque, one of the Kiwis and I swam in the river next to a few pink dolphins. It was amazing being so close to those animals. Back in town, I didn't have a proper 4th of July celebration, but I did drink with the group while in hammocks with good conversation. I'm always amazed to see how easy meeting people can be when traveling. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Meet The Author

Jarrod Zenjiro Suda | College of Letters and Science, Class of 2016 | University of California, at Berkeley | Major in Development Studies | Minor in Global Poverty and Practice |