Sucre

Sucre, the white city, was particularly special because I got to share the travel experience with my newly made friends from the Salar de Uyuni tour. Two Chilean women, Macarena and Florenza, were also heading to Sucre so we took a bus together. Marussia, an Italian woman, and Mateo, a Spaniard man, were also headed to Sucre with us. Marussia and Mateo both live in the city doing international work. After taking a night bus from Uyuni, we arrived in Sucre at around 5:00 am. Mateo kindly let us into his home to sleep through the morning. Maca, Flo and I toured the city later that day and met up with Mateo and Marussia for lunch. Two things that I enjoyed about the trip was that I got to practice my Spanish with fluent and fast speakers. Secondly, I fell in love with travel in a new way. A strange and natural wonder, the Salar, brought these strangers together to explore. We opened our homes up to each other. We received gestures like, "if someone is ever in Chile..." or "if someone visits San Francisco or Los Angeles...let me know." I certainly know now that there is a difference between vacation and travel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Meet The Author

Jarrod Zenjiro Suda | College of Letters and Science, Class of 2016 | University of California, at Berkeley | Major in Development Studies | Minor in Global Poverty and Practice |