Graffiti

I saw this graffiti art when I passed through Sucre on Sunday. This wall reads, "I see you at recess and I go crazy." Whether it's in Sucre or Cochabamba, graffiti art that reads "te amo" (I love you) seems to be everywhere. The art certainly isn't as extravagant as some in Los Angeles but I see it far more frequently. "Te amo" graffiti, often dedicated to friends, family or partners, is scattered in the countryside, the inner city and in the suburbs. I've also seen some philosophical sayings sprayed onto walls. For example, "Yo tampoco sé vivir...estoy improvisando" (I neither know how to live...I am improvising) is written a few blocks from my house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Meet The Author

Jarrod Zenjiro Suda | College of Letters and Science, Class of 2016 | University of California, at Berkeley | Major in Development Studies | Minor in Global Poverty and Practice |