Beginnings

Today was my first official day of work. I decided that I wanted to work in the arts and sports department, where youth groups come together to play guitar, dance, perform theatre or play fútbol. In the evenings, when the kids get out of school, the youth group area is used as a library, computer cafe and homework area. This is where I will be doing most of my work. When its time to play sports, the kids go to this nearby field. I spent time with the coach and the kids from F.C. Horizonte, the school's fútbol team. We walked to a nearby restaurant to watch the World Cup opening game, which I really enjoyed. On Saturday, Coach Rodrigo is going to take me to the market to buy some cleats, shin guards and proper exercise clothes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Meet The Author

Jarrod Zenjiro Suda | College of Letters and Science, Class of 2016 | University of California, at Berkeley | Major in Development Studies | Minor in Global Poverty and Practice |